Scott is a member of PIB Law. He has extensive experience with issues arising under the Truth in Lending Act, Fair Housing Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and state unfair and deceptive trade practices statutes. His practice focuses on the defense of financial institutions in consumer class actions, retail financial services litigation, and arbitration at all levels of federal and state courts. Scott also regularly interacts with government entities.
Prior to founding the Firm, Scott served as in-house counsel in the mortgage division at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., where he supervised outside counsel in hundreds of cases involving all aspects of mortgage-related litigation. He managed significant class action litigation and regulatory matters involving origination fees, HELOC suspensions and reductions, and Option ARM litigation. Scott also supervised senior compliance officers and advised senior management on all aspects of mortgage servicing.
Prior to serving as in-house counsel, Scott was associated with Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP and, before that, Cravath Swaine & Moore LLP. Scott handled a wide variety of commercial litigation, including patent, contract, trademark, false advertising, legal malpractice, and FDA regulatory litigation. He also clerked in the Southern District of New York for the Honorable Loretta A. Preska, now the Chief Judge.
Scott received his J.D., cum laude from Fordham Law School, where he was the Writing and Research Editor for the Fordham Law Review. He received his B.A. from Rutgers College. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York.
Notable Appellate Decisions:
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association v. Miodownik, 937 N.Y.S.2d 192 (1st Dep’t 2012)
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association v. Shapiro, 959 N.Y.S.2d 918 (1st Dep’t 2013)
- Wilson v. Deutsche Bank National Trust Co., 2014 WL 1716093 (N.J. App. Div. 2014)
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association v. Todd, 5 N.Y.S.3d 181 (2d Dep’t 2015)
- Ciraldo v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., 34 N.Y.S.3d 113 (2d Dep’t 2016)
- JPMorgan Chase Bank f/k/a The Chase Manhattan Bank v. Kaba, 41 N.Y.S.3d 706 (1st Dep’t 2016)
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association v. Venture, 2017 WL 803115 (3d Dep’t Mar. 2, 2017)
- Office: Somerset, NJ
- Direct: 908.333.6220
- Main: 908.725.9700
- Fax: 908.333.6230
- Email: email@example.com